The Wandering Elk
Windtower Lodge & Suites, 160 Kananaskis Way
This casual and friendly Canmore restaurant offers a variety of Canadian and pub favourites. The tasty selection of hot and cold breakfasts is popular with both Windtower Lodge hotel guests as well as drop-in visitors. Weekly specials allow regulars to enjoy an ever changing range of offers.
The Wandering Elk restaurant’s décor includes a granite-clad bar counter with comfortable high-backed chairs, wooden floors and big screen plasmas that show sports. The spacious, recently renovated patio with tabletop fire pits boasts Ha Ling Peak and Three Sisters mountain views.
- Hot Breakfast Buffet: includes bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, French toast, cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit and housemade muffins
- Appetizers: Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms; Homemade Spinach Dip with Garlic Naan; Poutine: fries, curds, gravy, topped with elk, bison, chicken, beef or bacon
- Soups: chef’s daily creation
- Salads: Spinach Salad: mandarin segments, red onion, sunflower seeds and feta; Caesar: housemade dressing; House Salad: red onion, shredded carrot, cherry tomato and cucumber
- Pub Fare: Chipotle Chicken Club Panini: bacon, cheddar, chipotle mayo and demi baguette; Fully Loaded Bacon Nachos: tomatoes, jalapeños and green onions; Stuffed Elk Burger: Swiss cheese and sweet onion relish on a Kaiser bun; Wings: multiple sauce varieties
- Fish and Chips: beer battered cod with housemade tartar sauce
- Elk Stew: simmered in Guinness gravy, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions and celery
- 10 oz Ribeye Steak: served with mashed potatoes, and seasonal vegetables
- Pizza: Hawaiian; BBQ Chicken; Wandering Elk: braised elk, blue cheese, bacon, onion and dijon mayo
Monday: All Night Happy Hour: pints, house wines and spirits $5, half price wings, 4 til 9 pm
Tuesday: Tuesday Steak Night and Sangria Special.
Wednesday: Pizza and a pitcher $27.
Thursday: Burger and Pint $18.
Friday: Fryday Fish and Chips with Wine or Beer $18/$22.
Saturday: Saturday pasta special $15
Sunday: Sunday Roast Dinner $18.
Mains: $13 to $30; breakfast $13.00
Drinks: wines five choices, $20 to $36 by the bottle, $6 to $10 by the glass; local beer on tap, pitcher $16; bucket of four bottled beers $16
7:00 - 11:00 am daily
Monday - Wednesday, 4:00 - 9:00 pm
Thursday - Sunday, 3:00 - 9:00 pm