Canmore Golf & Curling Club, 2000 8 Avenue
403.678.5959 (ext. 3)
Executive chef Mike Gerlach’s cooking pleases all. Events like Mother’s Day are a restaurant specialty. SandTraps has the capacity to cater groups up to 500 people.
Atmosphere & Accolades
This newly renovated restaurant has arguably the best view in town. From the secluded three-tier patio with awning (voted best in Canmore by local newspaper readers) and through the dining room’s huge windows is a 240° panorama of the Rundle Range, Three Sisters and water-protected 9th green. There’s a vaulted ceiling, big rock fireplace and glass wall that opens to the deck.
Local musicians play occasional live music in summer and winter (listed online).
- Breakfast: On the Tee Breakfast Sandwich; Steak and Eggs; Mexican Omelette; Two Eggs any Style with sides; breakfast available in summer only
- Appetizers: Daily Soup; Garlic and Parmesan Fries; Chicken Wings; Crab Cakes; Fish Tacos; Dry Ribs; Baked Nachos; Baskets of chippers, onion rings, yam fries or house cut fries
- Salads: Grilled Steak Salad, winter greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, radishes, feta, choice of dressing; Roasted Butternut Squash, winter greens, goat cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, maple balsamic dressing; Winter Salad, cucumbers, radish, grape tomatoes, winter greens, apple honey and cider vinaigrette; Caesar Salad; add chicken, steak, halibut, tuna, or goat cheese to any salad
- Flatbreads: Life is a Carnivore, chorizo, bacon, mushroom; Popeye and Olive Oyl, spinach, fresh tomatoes, goat cheese; Chef Feature Pizza; breads made by Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company
- Sandwiches: Clubhouse, multigrain bread, roast turkey, tomato, bacon, lettuce, mayo; All Day Breakfast Sandwich, eggs, cheddar, bacon, on brioche; BLT
- Burgers: Alberta Beef Burger, 6 oz beef patty, cheddar, bacon, brioche bun; Spicy BBQ Burger, 6 oz beef patty, Bow Valley BBQ Buffalo Wing sauce, jack cheese, jalapeños; Over the Top Burger, Alberta beef burger with fried egg, chorizo, Swiss cheese; Three Beets to the Wind Veggie Burger, sautéed mushroom, boccolino grotto garden ranch dressing
- Fish and Chips: choice of battered haddock or halibut, comes with creamy coleslaw and fries
- Vegetarian Chili: made in house with a hint of spice and served with melted jack cheese and garlic bread
- Rice Bowl: choose steak, seared tuna or chicken, on brown rice with sesame orange ginger sauce and garlic naan bread
- Steak Sandwich: 6 oz sirloin topped with onion rings served open faced on a garlic baguette with house cut fries and winter salad
- Penne Pasta, tomato basil sauce, chorizo, bacon, shaved parmesan, vegetarian option available
- Desserts:Molten Chocolate Cake; Sticky Toffee Pudding; Chocolate Chunk Espresso or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Teja Organic Teas: Canadian made and sourced from select global tea gardens and hand blended for quality and freshness
Monday: Choice of full size flatbread: Carnivore, Popeye or Chef Feature $15
Add a pint of draft beer or a 6 oz pour of house wine for $19.95.
Tuesday: Signature Steak Sandwich $13, 6 oz sirloin, baguette, onion rings, fries and salad.
Wednesday: 25% off Hog Line Appetizers Menu
Domestic Bottles $5.25, Hi Balls $4.25, House Wine $4.25/6 oz.
Thursday: Fish and Chips: Two pieces, Haddock $13.00, Halibut $18.00.
Friday: Rib Night - offered 4 pm till close: Full Rack of Baby back Ribs, coleslaw, fries and baked beans $19.
Mains: $9 to 26; breakfast $7 to $16; special banquet menus
Drinks: wines $36 to $45, $9 to $13 by the glass, over 20 choices; draft beer $6; bottles of domestic and import $6 to $8; coolers
Summer: 6:30am-9:00pm Monday to Sunday
Winter: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday to Friday