Canmore Golf & Curling Club, 2000 8 Avenue
403.678.5959 (ext. 3)
Executive chef Mike Gerlach’s cooking pleases all. Event meals (like on Mother’s Day) are a specialty. SandTraps has the capacity to cater groups up to 500 people.
Atmosphere & Accolades
This newly renovated restaurant has arguably the best view in town. From the secluded three-tier patio with awning (voted best in Canmore by local newspaper readers) and through the dining room’s huge windows is a 240° panorama of the Rundle Range, Three Sisters and water-protected 9th green. There’s a vaulted ceiling, big rock fireplace and glass wall that opens to the deck.
Local musicians play occasional live music in summer and winter (listed online).
- Breakfast: on the tee breakfast sandwich; steak and eggs, mexican omelette,two eggs any style with sides (summer only)
- Appetizers: truffle fries; chicken wings; crab cakes; pork or fish tacos; nachos; dry ribs
- Salads: roasted beet, yam and goat cheese on winter greens; Cobb; bacon, turkey, egg, winter greens; Caesar; romaine with a boccolino grotto dressing,
- Flatbreads (gluten-free available): breads by Rockey Mountain Flatbread Company, Clubhouse; Chorizo; Spinach
- Sandwiches: Reuben; veggie; clubhouse; BLT
- Burgers: Sandtraps’ beef (bacon, cheddar and fixings); bacon elk (blue cheese and barbecue sauce); grilled tuna
- Beer Battered Halibut or Haddock: with house cut fries and creamy coleslaw
- Chili Bowl: Alberta Beef Chili made in house with a hint of spice and served with a garlic baguette
- Pulled Pork, Prawns or Chicken Rice Bowls: on brown rice with garlic baguette
- Steak Sandwich: 6oz sirloin topped with onion rings served open faced on a garlic baguette with house cut fries and winter salad
- Desserts: homemade ice cream cake; lemon tarts, chocolate lava cake
Monday: Varies weekly please phone to check.
Tuesday: Steak sandwich $13.
Wednesday: 30% off all food menu items.
Thursday: Haddock Fish & Chips $12.00 (2 pc), Halibut Fish & Chips $19.00 (2 pc).
Friday: Full rack of BBQ ribs $18.
Mains: $11 to 26; breakfast $7 to $16; special banquet menus
Drinks: wines $30 to $70, $5 to $13 by the glass, over 20 choices; draft beer $7; bottles of domestic and import $6 to $8; coolers
Summer: 6:30am-9:00pm Monday to Sunday
Winter: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday to Friday