Georgetown Inn Pub
The Georgetown Inn, 1101 Bow Valley Trail
Locals frequent this cozy Canmore pub for the consistently good food, friendly service and value-priced specials. The Georgetown is home to Canmore’s Triple Crown—climb three local peaks for a souvenir beer mug. Freshly renovated after a small fire in February they are open once more with fresh interior but the same Georgetown feel! They now feature twice the beer taps and the longest and largest bar in Canmore!
Atmosphere & Accolades
The beer battered fish and chips are perpetually voted Best in the Bow Valley by Rocky Mountain Outlook newspaper readers. Photographs and artifacts at this wood-finished, British-style pub pay tribute to Canmore’s hiking and climbing heritage. There is a fireplace and garden patio with fire pit. Wander upstairs to see halls adorned with made-in-the-Rockies movie posters, photos and storyboards.
- Famous French Toast: Traditional; Chocolate Lovers; Apples Charlotte: caramelized apple, maple syrup; Famous Oranges: orange zest, mandarin orange segments, roasted pecans, vanilla bean sauce; Morning Blues: mixed berries, cream cheese, berry coulis
- Gourmet Pancakes: Traditional; Berry Bacon; Cinnamon Bun: three cinnamon infused pancakes layered with cream cheese, topped with whipped cream; Tree Hugger: three pancakes, vanilla yoghurt, berry blend and sprinkled with granola
- Full English Breakfast: Two eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, comes with rye bread, hashbrowns and fruit skewer
- Appetizers: Wings; Crispy Dry Ribs; French Onion Soup; Scotch Eggs; Nachos; Calamari; Poutine; Spinach Artichoke Dip; Onion Rings
- Salads: Strawberry Fields: artisan greens, strawberries, feta cheese, dried cranberries, bacon, candied pecans, poppyseed dressing; Miner’s Lamp: quinoa, goat cheese, candied walnuts, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, apple slices, balsamic glaze and avocado dressing; Georgetown Southwest Chicken Salad: black beans, corn, avocado, feta, dates, tortilla strips, cajun chicken breast; Mixed Green; Caesar; add chicken and scotch egg
- Sandwiches: Miner’s Cheeseburger: homemade 6 oz beef patty; Triple Crown Chicken Burger; Lady Mac Beef Dip: shaved AAA Alberta beef, pretzel bread, Swiss cheese, au jus
- Bangers and Mash: traditional British bangers with garlic mashed potatoes served in a Yorkshire shell
- Vegetable Green Curry: vegetable medley, coconut cream green curry sauce, basmati rice
- Locally Famous Fish and Chips: Big Rock battered Atlantic cod or halibut, fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce
- Chicken Tikka Masala: traditional yogurt sauce, Basmati rice, mango chutney
- Steak and Guinness Pie: mashed Yukon potatoes, steamed veggies, gravy
- Chicken Pot Pie: homemade creamy chicken sauce, with mixed greens
- Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding: slow-roasted AAA Alberta beef with gravy, steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes
- Desserts: Hot Apple Crisp with Ice Cream; Chocolate Baileys Cheesecake; Sticky Toffee Pudding; Build-Your-Own Sundaes
Monday: APPETIZER MONDAY: 11am to close, Buy one appetizer and get the second appetizer of equal or lesser value free.
Tuesday: FISH & CHIPS TUESDAY: 11am to close, Cod with house cut fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce and fresh lemon $11 one piece, $15 two pieces..
Wednesday: BANGERS & BEER WEDNESDAY: 11am to close, Traditional English bangers and mash and a 16 oz glass of draught for $25 * does not include Guinness.
Thursday: 16 oz glass of draught for $5 with purchase of food.
Friday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Mains: $16 to $27; breakfast $12 to $17; daily lunch special (chef’s creation) $12
Drinks: wines $40 to $61; $10 to $15 by the glass, ten choices
7 am to 9 pm, to 10 pm weekends; summer 7 am to 10 pm, to 11 pm weekends
Related Blog Posts
Fish. Chips. Home.
January 3, 2019
Cozy Lunch at the Georgetown
January 6, 2016