Georgetown Inn Pub
The Georgetown Inn, 1101 Bow Valley Trail
Locals frequent this cozy Canmore pub for the consistently good food, friendly service and value-priced specials. The Georgetown is home to Canmore’s Triple Crown—climb three local peaks for a souvenir beer mug.
Atmosphere & Accolades
The beer battered fish and chips are perpetually voted Best in the Bow Valley by Rocky Mountain Outlook newspaper readers. Photographs and artifacts at this wood-finished, British-style pub pay tribute to Canmore’s hiking and climbing heritage. There is a fireplace and garden patio with fire pit. Wander upstairs to see halls adorned with made-in-the-Rockies movie posters, photos and storyboards.
- Famous French Toast: Apples Charlotte: caramelized apple, maple syrup; Famous Oranges: orange zest, mandarin orange segments, roasted pecans, vanilla bean sauce; Morning Blues: mixed berries, cream cheese, berry coulis
- Gourmet Pancakes: Glorious Cinnamon Bun: three cinnamon infused pancakes layered with cream cheese, topped with whipped cream; Tree Hugger: three pancakes, vanilla yoghurt, berry blend and sprinkled with granola
- Full English Breakfast: Two eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, comes with rye bread, hashbrowns and fruit skewer
- Appetizers: Wings; Crispy Dry Ribs; French Onion Soup; Scotch Eggs; Poutine: Special Appetizer of the Month
- Salads: Thai Sesame Salad: noodles, romaine, snap peas, red peppers, tossed in Thai sesame dressing; Miner’s Lamp: quinoa, goat cheese, almonds, mandarins; Georgetown Southwest Chicken Salad: black beans, corn, avocado, feta, dates, tortilla strips, cajun chicken breast; add chicken and Scotch egg
- Sandwiches: Miner’s Burger: homemade 6-oz beef patty; Lady Mac Beef Dip: shaved AAA Alberta beef, pretzel bread, Swiss cheese, au jus
- Bangers and Mash: traditional British bangers with garlic mashed potatoes served in a Yorkshire shell
- Vegetable Green Curry: coconut cream, green curry sauce, Basmati rice
- Locally Famous Fish and Chips: Big Rock battered Atlantic cod or halibut, fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce
- Chicken Tikka Masala: traditional yogurt sauce, Basmati rice, mango chutney
- Steak and Guinness Pie: mashed Yukon potatoes, steamed veggies, gravy
- Chicken Pot Pie: homemade creamy chicken sauce, with mixed greens
- Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding: slow-roasted AAA Alberta beef, with gravy
- Desserts: Hot Apple Crisp with Ice Cream; Baileys Cheesecake; Sticky Toffee Pudding; Build-Your-Own Sundaes
Monday: APPETIZER MONDAY: 11am to close, Buy one appetizer and get the second appetizer of equal or lesser value free.
Tuesday: FISH & CHIPS TUESDAY: 11am to close, Cod with house cut fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce and fresh lemon $11 one piece, $15 two pieces..
Wednesday: BANGERS & BEER WEDNESDAY: 11am to close, Traditional English bangers and mash and a 16 oz glass of draught for $25 * does not include Guinness.
Thursday: 16 oz glass of draught for $5 with purchase of food.
Friday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Mains: $16 to $27; breakfast $12 to $17; daily lunch special (chef’s creation) $12
Drinks: wines $40 to $61; $10 to $15 by the glass, ten choices
7 am to 9 pm, to 10 pm weekends; summer 7 am to 10 pm, to 11 pm weekends
Related Blog Posts
Cozy Lunch at the Georgetown
January 6, 2016
The Daily Sandwich Special: My Favourite Lunch at Georgetown Inn Pub
February 5, 2014