Georgetown Inn Pub
The Georgetown Inn, 1101 Bow Valley Trail
Locals frequent this cozy Canmore pub for the consistently good food, friendly service and value-priced specials. The Georgetown is home to Canmore’s Triple Crown—climb three local peaks for a souvenir beer mug.
Atmosphere & Accolades
The beer battered fish and chips are perpetually voted Best in the Bow Valley by Rocky Mountain Outlook newspaper readers. Photographs and artifacts at this wood-finished, British-style pub pay tribute to Canmore’s hiking and climbing heritage. There is a fireplace and garden patio with fire pit. Wander upstairs to see halls adorned with made-in-the-Rockies movie posters, photos and storyboards.
- Breakfast: Famous French Toast (heavenly apple with caramelized apple, maple syrup; chocolate lover’s with strawberries and chocolate); morning blues (mixed berries, cream cheese, berry coulis), gourmet pancakes; full English breakfast; Make Your Own Omelettes; breakfast sundae
- Appetizers: wings; crispy dry ribs; French onion soup; Scotch eggs; poutine
- Salads (add chicken, Scotch egg, steak, calamari): farm-house (cottage cheese, roast beef, chicken, ham); miner’s lamp (quinoa, goat cheese, almonds, mandarins); Oxford (walnuts, apples, stilton cheese)
- Sandwiches: miner’s burger (homemade 6-oz beef patty); Lady Mac beef dip (shaved AAA Alberta beef, pretzel bread, Swiss cheese, au jus)
- Ploughman’s Platter (choice of two cheeses and two meats): crusty roll, apple chutney, pickled onions and beets, Dijon mustard
- Vegetable Coconut Curry: coconut curry sauce, Basmati rice, mango chutney
- Big Rock Battered Fish and Chips (Atlantic cod or halibut): fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce
- Chicken Tikka Masala: traditional yogurt sauce, Basmati rice, mango chutney
- Steak and Guinness Pie: mashed Yukon potatoes, steamed veggies, gravy
- Chicken Pot Pie: homemade creamy chicken sauce; with mixed greens
- Stuffed Yorkshire Pudding: slow-roasted AAA Alberta beef; with gravy
- Desserts: hot apple crisp with ice cream; sticky toffee pudding; build-your-own sundaes
Monday: Chef's lunch special, $12. Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Tuesday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Wednesday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Thursday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Saturday: Daily Lunch Special: chef’s creation $12.
Mains: $13 to $24; breakfast $10 to $18; daily lunch special (chef’s creation) $12
Drinks: wines $39 to $58; $9 to $15 by the glass, nine choices
7 am to 9 pm, to 10 pm weekends; summer 7 am to 10 pm, to 11 pm weekends
Related Blog Posts
Cozy Lunch at the Georgetown
January 6, 2016
The Daily Sandwich Special: My Favourite Lunch at Georgetown Inn Pub
February 5, 2014