The Wandering Elk
Windtower Lodge & Suites, 160 Kananaskis Way
This casual and friendly Canmore restaurant offers a variety of Canadian and pub favourites. The tasty selection of hot and cold breakfasts is popular with both Windtower Lodge hotel guests as well as drop-in visitors. Weekly specials allow regulars to enjoy an ever changing range of offers.
The Wandering Elk restaurant’s décor includes a granite-clad bar counter with comfortable high-backed chairs, wooden floors and big screen plasmas that show sports. The spacious, recently renovated patio with tabletop fire pits boasts Ha Ling Peak and Three Sisters mountain views.
- Hot Breakfast buffet: includes bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, waffles, French toast, cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt and fresh fruit, housemade muffins
- Appetizers: salt and pepper calamari with wasabi aioli and lemon; homemade spinach dip with garlic naan; elk poutine (fries, curds, gravy, topped with elk)
- Soups: chef’s daily creation; housemade French onion soup
- Salads: cranberry spinach salad with walnuts and feta; Caesar with housemade dressing; house salad with grape tomatoes and sprouts
- Pub Fare: chipotle chicken club with bacon, cheddar, chipotle mayo and ciabatta; fully loaded bacon nachos with tomatoes, jalapeños and green onions; stuffed elk burger with Swiss cheese and sweet onion relish on a Kaiser bun; wings with multiple sauce varieties
- Fish and Chips: beer battered cod with housemade tartar sauce
- BBQ Whiskey Ribs: full or half rack of slow-cooked St. Louis pork ribs with garlic Yukon mashed potatoes and vegetables
- New York Striploin Steak: sherry peppercorn cream sauce, rosemary roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables; add a shrimp skewer
Friday: Burger and pint of Grasshopper or Traditional, $12; bucket of beer (four bottles) and a pound of wings, $24.
Mains: $13 to $27; breakfast $7 to $18
Drinks: wines five choices, $20 to $36 by the bottle, $6 to $10 by the glass; local beer on tap, pitcher $16; bucket of four bottled beers $16
House Special: burger and a pint, $16; wings (2 lbs) and a pitcher of beer, $24
Breakfast 7-11 am
Dinner Tues-Sun 3-9 pm
Check online to confirm hours