Canmore Golf & Curling Club, 2000 8 Avenue
403.678.5959 (ext. 3)
Executive chef Mike Gerlach’s cooking pleases all. Event meals (like on Mother’s Day) are a specialty. SandTraps has the capacity to cater groups up to 500 people.
Atmosphere & Accolades
This newly renovated restaurant has arguably the best view in town. From the secluded three-tier patio with awning (voted best in Canmore by local newspaper readers) and through the dining room’s huge windows is a 240° panorama of the Rundle Range, Three Sisters and water-protected 9th green. There’s a vaulted ceiling, big rock fireplace and glass wall that opens to the deck.
Local musicians play the Summer Music Series some evenings (listed online).
- Breakfast: cinnamon bun French toast; breakfast burrito or sandwich; steak and eggs
- Appetizers: slow roasted beef brisket sliders; chicken wings; hummus and vegetables; crab cakes; chicken or fish tacos; nachos (personal or sharing size)
- Salads: roasted beet, yam and goat cheese on house greens; curry apple chicken with garlic bread; bean and corn with tortilla chips; Caesar
- Flatbreads (gluten-free available): Calabrese sausage, pepperoni, mushroom and mozzarella; spinach, fresh tomato, goat cheese and mozzarella
- Sandwiches: Italian or spinach and mushroom panini; clubhouse; BLT
- Burgers: Sandtraps’ beef or chicken (burger sauce, bacon, provolone and fixings); portabella mushroom (spinach, goat cheese); grilled haddock
- Beer Battered Halibut or Haddock: with house cut fries
- Tourtiere: chef Mike’s secret recipe; with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas
- Veggie or Chicken Rice Bowls: on brown rice with garlic baguette
- Lemon Basil Halibut: on brown rice with summer salad
- Maple Ginger Salmon; Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin; Chicken Fettuccine
- Desserts: homemade ice cream cake; lemon tarts; chocolate truffles
Monday: 20% off all appetizers.
Tuesday: Steak sandwich $11.
Wednesday: 40% off all food items.
Thursday: Haddock Fish & Chips $11.00, Halibut Fish & Chips $18.00.
Friday: Full rack of BBQ ribs $17.
Mains: $11 to 23; breakfast $7 to $16; special banquet menus
Drinks: wines $30 to $70, $5.25 to $10 by the glass, over 20 choices; draft beer $6.50; bottles of domestic and import $5.50 to $7.50; coolers
Summer: 6:30 am-9 pm
Winter: 11 am-2 pm and 5-9 pm